How to place Order
Changes and Cancellations
Delivering to Hospitals
Recipient not Home
The Florist Family Guarantee back to Top
At The Florist Family we are committed to exceptional service and products. If, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with your gift or its delivery, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Our network of florists uses only the freshest flowers available for their hand-made bouquets to ensure that you can send flowers with confidence. And since every arrangement is personally delivered, we offer same-day delivery on most orders.
How to Place an Order back to Top
We've designed The Florist Family website to make it quick and simple for you to place an order. After you've found the flowers or plant you want to send, click on the item name or image and follow the instructions below.
- Shop from a Variety of Categories—Occasion, Product Category or Price—or search by a specific keyword or item number.
- Select Your Product and Choose Your Options and Preferences. On the product information page, select how you would like to customize your gift. For example, in some instances, you will be asked whether you want to send your gift as shown or in a deluxe or premium arrangement, or you may have the option to include something extra with your gift like a mylar balloon, stuffed animal or box of chocolates. Once you have selected from the preferences, click Add to Cart. Your gift will be stored in your personal shopping cart, and you can either continue browsing by clicking on Return to Shopping or proceed to Checkout.
- Proceed to checkout. When you are ready to check out, click on the Shopping Cart link at the top of the page, and then select Checkout. You are now on the Log In page, and you will be asked to enter your credentials (username and password). If you are a returning shopper, enter your password. If you are a new shopper, just click on the Continue button. You will have an opportunity to create a password later in the checkout process. Learn about the benefits you'll enjoy when you register with us.
- Provide recipient delivery information. After you log in, you will be asked for the recipient's delivery information. This information will allow us to ensure that your gift is created by an experienced florist in the recipient's neighborhood. At this time, you can also create a personal message for your card. For your convenience, we also offer pre-written messages.
- Review your order. Review the details of your order, and click the Submit Order button. Your order will be received by The Florist Family, and a professional local florist will begin creating your arrangement.
- Save your email confirmation. The Florist Family will send a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address you provided in your customer profile. Please save this e-mail for future reference.
Order Changes and Cancellations back to Top
The Florist Family is unable to cancel or change orders already in process at the florist, en route or delivered. Same-day orders are processed immediately, and usually cannot be changed. If you are calling about an order that is scheduled to be delivered today, call 800-944-2959.
Problems With an Order back to Top
At The Florist Family, we make every effort to ensure that you receive excellent quality and service. If, at any time, you experience problems with an order, please let us know.
Sales Tax back to Top
All orders are subject to 7% sales tax. You will have an opportunity to review this amount before submitting your order.
Service Fee back to Top
A service fee of 14.99 is applied to all orders delivered in the U.S. and Canada.
Delivery Policy back to Top
Every gift is personally hand-delivered by an industry professional, and we make every effort to deliver your order as quickly as possible.
Most of our products can be delivered the same day. To assure same-day delivery, orders must be received before 3:00 pm, Monday - Friday and before 12:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays in the recipient's time zone. Orders received after that time may be delivered the following day.
Regretfully, we are unable to guarantee time of delivery to rural route addresses, hotels, hospitals, military bases or cemeteries. To request a specific delivery time, please type it into the Special Instructions field during checkout. We will do our best to accommodate your preferences.
Before major holidays, we recommend that you place your orders at least five days in advance.
Please note that a service fee of $14.99 USD is applied to all flower and plant orders delivered in the U.S. and Canada.
Delivery to Hospitals back to Top
The florists in our network are experienced at making deliveries to hospitals. When placing your order, please be sure to include the hospital name and telephone number, the name of the recipient and room number or ward of the recipient.
The Florist Family will deliver your gift in accordance with facility procedures, as most hospitals do not allow florists to personally deliver to individual rooms. Please note that many ICU patients are not permitted to receive flowers. Please check with the hospital before placing your order.
Recipient Not Home back to Top
If you have specific instructions for the delivery of your gift bouquet, please note them in the Special Delivery Instructions field during checkout. In all other cases, if the recipient is not at home when the neighborhood florist attempts a delivery, they will either:
- Call the recipient to schedule an appropriate delivery time
- Leave a note on the recipient's door asking them to contact the florist to schedule a delivery time
- Leave the arrangement in a covered, secure area of the home (porch, garage, or other entrance)
- Leave the gift bouquet with a neighbor and place a message on the recipient's door with this information
Substitution Policy back to Top
Occasionally, substitutions of flowers or containers are necessary due to temporary, regional availability issues. If this is the case with the gift you've selected, our experienced florists will ensure that the style, theme and color scheme of your arrangement is preserved and will only substitute items of equal or higher value.
Payment Options back to Top
The Florist Family uses the industry's leading security technology to ensure that your order will be safe and secure. Please read our Satisfaction Guarantee and Security and Privacy policies for more information.
For your convenience, The Florist Family accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and PayPal. SALES TAX SNIPPET: Orders delivered to Oklahoma, Arkansas and Michigan are subject to sales tax. Orders placed from Arkansas and Oklahoma are also subject to sales tax. You will have an opportunity to review this amount before submitting your order.
A service fee of $14.99 is applied to all flower and plant orders delivered within the United States. We encourage you to place your order online for the fastest possible service, but if you prefer, please feel free to call in your order. You can reach us anytime, day or night, at 800-944-2959.
International Orders back to Top
We are happy to help you send flowers internationally. Please call us at 800-944-2959 for assistance.
Order-Related E-mails back to Top
Shortly after you place an order, you'll receive an Order Confirmation e-mail. Please put this in a safe place, as it will include all the details of your order, including an order number, in the event you need to contact us. To show our appreciation, you'll receive a Thank You e-mail from us when your gift has been received.